APPLICATION FORM - download here to apply yourself
NOMINATION FORM - download here to nominate someone
Closing Date – Friday 18 June 2021 by midnight Sydney time
Purpose – to recognise an outstanding contribution by an individual to improving the quality and safety of international healthcare services in a manner consistent with the Mission and Values of ACHS International
Eligibility – to be considered for the ACHS International Medal, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must not be an Australian citizen or dual citizen or permanent resident; and
- Must reside outside of Australia; and
- Must have made or be making a significant contribution to the global healthcare community; and
- Must consistently demonstrate that you go above and beyond your professional day-to-day requirements as indicated in your job / position description; and
- Demonstrate at least one (1) of the following:
- Distinguished leadership in quality practices and implementation;
- Outstanding achievement in maintaining a continuous quality improvement focus in healthcare delivery systems;
- Outstanding achievement in the promotion of quality, safety, and value in healthcare; and/or
- Outstanding achievement in research into quality and safety of healthcare systems.
Submissions – to be considered for the ACHS International Medal, you can either be nominated by someone else or apply directly yourself. All nominations and applications must be made in writing using the relevant attached form and should not exceed the length specified. Please follow the instructions carefully as incomplete submissions will not be considered. The ACHS International Board reserves the right to make independence inquiries and not to select a medal recipient in a particular year.
Assessment – a panel is to be appointed by the ACHS International Board and consist of three (3) persons, including two Board Directors and the Chief Executive Officer. The panel shall make recommendations to the ACHS International Board and prioritise no more than three (3) names from the submissions received.
Notification – all individuals will be notified of their specific outcome, either successful or unsuccessful, by Friday 30 July 2021. Presentation of the ACHS International Medal will occur onsite at the individual’s organisation at a time convenient for both organisations.