To our ACHS International family,
As COVID-19 continues to spread throughout the world, this is a time of even greater focus on supporting our patients, families, and wider communities.
We know that our valued members are playing a crucial role across the world at the front line of healthcare delivery in this extraordinary time. We are focused on continuing to deliver you high levels of service and support throughout this period of change with minimal disruption.
As your trusted quality improvement partner, we have developed this Resource Centre to consolidate helpful resources and guidance to support your efforts to keep your staff, patients, and communities safe. We will update this frequently to ensure you are provided with the latest information to assist your organisation.
We have also advised our global network that all in-person activities and onsite quality improvement program events will be postponed for the foreseeable future. This is to ensure everyone’s safety and to focus frontline healthcare professional’s full efforts to addressing the impacts of COVID-19.
Please be reassured that we are thinking of all our members and their various needs during this time and are available for support and advice whenever needed.
Our members come first so please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +61 2 8218 2747
Thank you for your ongoing dedication to patient safety and quality improvement. Stay safe.
Dr Karen Luxford
Chief Executive Officer, ACHS International
ACHS International has taken the following precautions to mitigate the risk of potential spread of COVID-19 in line with advice from the Australian and international healthcare authorities:
Events & Meetings
All in-person meetings and events, whether inside or outside of the ACHS International offices, will be conducted remotely, if possible, using phone or video conferencing and/or online communications until further notice.
Quality Improvement Programs
All onsite quality improvement program visits scheduled between now and the end of June 2020 have been postponed and will be rescheduled for later in the year, circumstances permitting. Further delay beyond June may be necessary and will be communicated as decisions are made considering the prevailing circumstances. Please note that your membership and quality improvement program status will not be impacted during this time.
All onsite education and training courses have been postponed cancelled until further notice. Offsite / virtual courses will be announced in due course as an alternative to some onsite courses.
All Assessor Competency Training (ACT) programs, Update Forums, and Refresher Courses have been postponed until further notice and will be moved online as appropriate.
The ACHS Assessor Division will maintain regular contact with our Assessors throughput the period and should you need to contact any member of that team please email email@example.com
ACHS International has implemented a work-from-home policy for all employees who are now performing their functions remotely, and all business travel is suspended until further notice. Our services and support of our members have not been interrupted during this time.
With these precautionary measures and business contingency plans in place, please be assured that ACHS International is doing all that we can to continue delivering services in a safe manner consistent with latest advice and guidance.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through this rapidly evolving, unprecedented event.
- International Society for Quality in Healthcare (ISQua) - register here
- International Hospital Federation (IHF) - Facing the Crisis - register here
- Preparing Your Business for COVID – offered by BDO Australia – watch here
- International Council of Nurses (ICN) COVID Update Webinars – watch here
- Webinar Recording: Promoting patient safety at time of COVID-19 - watch here
- COVID-19 Infection Control Training (Australian Department of Health) – register here
- World Health Organization (WHO) Training – register here
- Johns Hopkins Case Map – view here
- WHO COVID-19 Pandemic Page - view here
- Research Project - Global Centre for Modern Ageing - sign up here
- Card View - Patient Safety Recommendations for COVID-19 - view here
Assessment & Preparedness
- Hospital Preparedness Assessment Tool (VIC DHHS) – download here
- Hospital Preparedness Scenario Testing Tool (VIC DHHS) – download here
- Healthcare Professional Preparedness Checklist (CDC) – download here
- Series of National Guidelines (Communicable Diseases Network Australia) - review here
- Australasian Society for Infectious Diseases (ASID) Resources – review here
- Australian & New Zealand Intensive Care Society (ANZICS) Resources – review here
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Case & Contact Management Guidelines (VIC DHHS) – review here
Posters & Graphics
- NSW Health COVID Resources – review here (available in multiple languages)
- Australian Department of Health
- Know The Signs – download here
- Stop The Spread – download here