Read more on what ACHSI is doing here
Dear Colleagues and members of our ACHS International Community, We know that many people within the ACHS International community are being impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and are involved in future planning for work-related responses. Ensuring the safety of the health care community, including our event attendees, assessors, and staff is a top priority for ACHS International.
ACHS International is closely monitoring the updates and recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Australian Department of Health and jurisdictional health departments. We are using evidence-based scientific information to inform our decisions about minimising the exposure to COVID-19 among our staff, assessors and attendees who take part in our activities and events. Our preparations include the following as advised by credible health authorities:
· If you have returned from a high risk country (China, Iran, South Korea and Italy) in the previous two weeks we ask that you do not attend upcoming workshops or activities,
· If you have any of the COVID-19 signs and symptoms (fever, sore throat, breathlessness) please do not attend upcoming workshops or activities,
· We ask you to refrain from handshakes, kisses, and be mindful of personal space/distance etiquette,
· ACHS International recommends providing alcohol based hand rub at events,
· ACHS International recommends cleaning group tables at the end of workshops or events and all shared spaces,
· Prevention of spread of COVID-19 is minimised by washing your hands often with soap and water, and using a tissue and covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze and ACHS International seeks adherence to these processes.
At this stage, ACHS International will continue with our planned activities and events, subject to further direction from Australian and international health jurisdictions and or the International Governments.
We understand that this is a period of uncertainty for people, as they evaluate the different risks for themselves and colleagues to act to reduce further risks. We will continue to communicate with you as any new information arises. Yours sincerely,Dr Karen Luxford
Chief Executive Officer
I agree to the Terms & Conditions
ACHS International Member
- Middle East